Update…

Hello lovelies! I just wanted to give a little life update to y’all who don’t follow me on Instagram. Anyhow, this entire spring/summer I’ve been on the hunt for another job, and I was keeping my search mostly on the fashion retail side [with the occasional hunt at other type of jobs] — but no one wanted to hire me.

Two Sunday’s ago [August 17th] I decided to apply to my local Ulta [which is only 8-6 minutes away, depending on traffic on the Interstate] since I’m always there anyways & I do have a love for beauty. Two days later I received a phone call from Ulta saying that they “wanted to schedule a interview with me for that Friday [August 22nd].” so to say the least, I was super excited! Especially since I haven’t heard back from any of the other places I had applied to earlier that month. [Also, I was just getting ready to apply to Starbucks.] I went to the interview and everything seemed to go well. I was starting to get excited, since I was told/asked certain things that no-other job interview that I had this summer had even brought up [like pay & dress-code]. They told me that they would get in-touch with me either way early next week [this week]. So I waited. Eagerly.

Monday of this week [August 25th] I’m working at my Dad’s office doing my normal routine after my lunch break — finishing up the final touches of cleaning the office & getting ready to do phone calls [my dad is a Biblical Counselor]. When I notice that my cell phone is ringing & I don’t know the number. I answer, hoping it is Ulta, the lady on the other side says that this Ulta and that they would like to offer me a job!!! Inside I was screaming with joy, but I remained calm & professional on the phone as I accepted the job and heard the next steps of what I was to do. Of course, after that phone call I had a hard time focusing on finishing my work — since I just wanted to dance around the office.

Fast forward to today [August 28th] and I’ve had my first day of training today at Ulta. I watched a ton of videos most of the time learning the job & what they stand for, before heading out on the floor to learn the cash register. The head-cash register girl taught me the ropes & I watched her a few times before taking over. I was nervous, of course, but I quickly caught on what to do and the customers could tell that I was learning, so they were very understanding.

Sooo…if I get a bit behind in doing blog posts, YouTube videos, or replying to emails, it is because I’m learning how to balance everything right now in my life.:)

Oh yeah, I also have a dress code: black bottoms, solid black or white tops [some months we can wear other colors too], black dresses, and black shoes. All of which I didn’t have too much have. Which is for another post, on how I’ve expanded my work wardrobe on a budget, if you would like a post on it that is. Would y’all like me to share about my work wardrobe and my outfits that I wear? Let me know!

~Ashley

22 Comments Add yours

1. Congratulations chicky! I'd love a post about how you manage fashion and responsibilities, it let's us see the real you and what you're juggling and how you deal with it. Good luck!

2. Anonymous says:

Yay, Ashley! They made a great choice!

— Sabra

3. I was hoping you would update us via the blog, and I am so happy that I finally know the whole story behind you getting the job at Ulta! I would love to see your work wears once you have your wardrobe all figured out for this new season in your life. That would be a lovely post series!

xo,
    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

4. Bethany says:

Congratulations on your new job, Ashley! I'm sure you'll do great since you are already so involved in beauty and fashion!

5. Abi Ant says:

Congrats! Happy working! I hope all goes well for this year and the years to come!-Abi
    jubilantjoys.blogspot.com

6. Grace M says:

Congrats on your new job!!
    I would be interested in seeing a post on your work wardrobe….:)
    Blessings,
    Grace

7. Hannah Barta says:

Yay! Congratulations! I'd love to get a job at a fashion retail store someday–I don't know if Ulta is quite up my alley😉 Can't wait to see your “expanding my work wardrobe on a budget” post!

dance a real

8. Anonymous says:

Just started pursuing your blog. You're so talented, sweet, and creative! Not to mention beautiful, both inside and out. You seriously remind me of Jennifer Ehle. Keep up the fantastic job!

9. Congratulations, Ashley! That's so exiting! I would love to see outfit posts with your work clothes.
    -Marianne

10. Anonymous says:

Congrats! Yes, please do blog posts on your new work wardrobe!~Lee

11. P.S. Your hair looks so pretty in that picture… did you curl it?
    -Marianne

12. Ashley P says:

That's an awesome idea, thanks for the suggestion!

13. Ashley P says:

I'm so happy you loved hearing the whole story, Charlotte! Btw, we really need to meet up sometime, only problem is that I can only plan out my weeks, one week at a time right now.😦

14. Ashley P says:

Thanks, Bethany!

15. Ashley P says:

Thanks so much, Sabra!

16. Ashley P says:

Thank you, Grace!

17. Ashley P says:

Thanks, Hannah! The nice thing about working at Ulta, is that they are more willing to take people with no sales/retail experience — other stores, not so much.:) Thanks! I'll share the post, once I get everything figured out.

18. Ashley P says:

Aw, thanks so much! Hmm…I must look really English as I've been told that I look like the following actresses: Michelle Dockery, Anna Popplewell, and Jennifer Ehle over the years.:)

19. Ashley P says:

Thanks, Marianne! Well, be prepared to see different ways to style black & white work outfits, as they are coming.:)

20. Ashley P says:

Yes, I did! I used a hair straightener to curl my hair. Ironic, huh?